- Which are the most ancient religious books of Hindus?
- How many Vedas are there, give their names?
4 (Rigveda, Samveda, Yajurveda, and Atharv-veda)
- Which of the four Vedas, is the largest?
- Which Veda deals in medical science?
- Which Veda deals in Music?
- Give the number of Puranas and their names?
18 (Brahm, Padma, Vishnu, Shiva, Srimad Bhagvat, Markandey, Kurma, Matsya, Agni, Narad, Brahm Vaivart, Varah, Skand, Garud, Brahmand, Bhavishya, Vaman and Ling)
- How many slokas each of 18 purans have?
Vishnu-23000, Bhagwat-18000, Padma-55000, Varah-24000, Matsya-14000, Kurma-17000, Vaman-10000,Garud-19000, Brahm-10000, Brahmand-12000, Brahm Vaivart-18000, Shiva-24000, Ling-11000, Skand-81100, Narad-25000, Agni-15400, Markandeya-9000 Bhavishya-14500
- Name the place where Brahma performed his first Yajna?
Brahmavart (Bithoor), Kanpur
- Give the number of Slokas in Srimad Bhagwat?
- Give the number of Skandhas in Srimad Bhagwat?
- How many Chapters are there in Srimad Bhagwat?
- Who are the two main personalities between whom is the main
- conversation in Srimad Bhagwat?
King Parikshit and Shukdeva
- Name the author of Srimad Bhagwat?
Rishi Ved Vyas
- Which king accepted to work as cremation ground keeper to keep his words?
- By which name is Garhwal known in Skand Puran?
- Who went to Gopis to deliver the message of Shri Krishna?
- Name the child who offered himself to the Lord Yam to obey his father?
- Name the king who offered flesh of his body to the hawk to save a pigeon?
- Where are the four Mathas of the Hindus located?
Badrinath, Jagannath puri, Shringeri and Dwarikapuri
- Who founded the four Mathas of the Hindus?
- Where was Adiguru Shankaracharya born?
- At what age Adiguru Shankaracharya expired?
- Who is the founder of Adwaitwad?
- Who is the founder of Dwaitwad?
- Where did Shankaracharya die?
- Where is the deity of Badri Nath shifted in winter season?
- How many Jyotirlings are there, Name them. Twelve Jyotirlings Somnath (Gujarat) ,Mallikarjun (A.P.) ,Mahakaleshwar (Ujjain, .P.)
Onkareshwar / Mamleshwar (M.P.) ,Vaidyanath (Jharkhand),
Bhima Shankar (Maharashtra) ,Rameshwar (Tamil Nadu)
Nageshwar / Nagnath (Gujarat),Viswanath (Varanasi, U.P.)
Trayembkeswar (Maharashtra) , Kedarnath (Garhwal, Uttarakhand) ,Ghushmeshwar/Ghrishneshwar (Maharashtra)
- Which religion was founded by Lord Buddha?
- Where was Lord Buddha born?
- Where did Lord Buddha attain knowledge?
- Where did Lord Buddha get Nirvana?
- To which religion are Tripitakas related?
- The first preachings of Lord Buddha at Sarnath are known as?
Dharam Chakra Pravartan
- Name the mother of Lord Buddha.
- Name the maternal aunt of Lord Buddha who was his foster mother also?
- Where did Gautam Buddha preach his first Sermon?
- Who was the founder of Jain religion?
Rishabhadev, 1st Tirathankar
- How many Tirthankars are there in Jain religion?
- What is the name of 24th Tirthankar?
- Name the father of Mahavir Swami, the twenty fourth Tirthankar of Jains?
- Where was Mahavir Swami born?
Kundgram / Kshatriya Kund(Bihar)
- Under which tree did Mahavir Swami achieve knowledge?
- By the side of which river Mahavir Swami attained knowledge?
- By which name is Jain literature generally known?
- Which are the two main streams in Jain Dharma?
Digamber and Shwetamber
- At which place Mahavir Swami had taken his last breath?
- Which is the birth place of Guru Nanak?
- Which book has the preaching of Sikh-Gurus?
Guru Granth Sahib
- In memory of which Sikh Guru is Reetha Sahib Gurudwara constructed?
- Which is the birth place of Guru Gobind Singh?
- Where is the Angeetha Sahib (Samadhi) of Guru Gobind Singh situated? Nanded (Maharashtra)
- Who was the first Guru of Sikhs?
Guru Nanak Dev
- Give the number of Sikh Gurus?
- Sisganj Gurudwara reminds us the sacrifice of which sikh Guru?
Guru Teg Bahadur
- Which Sikh Guru sacrificed his four sons for the Dharma?
Guru Gobind Singh
- Who founded Khalsa Panth?
Guru Gobind Singh
- What is the meaning of Khalsa?
- In which religion the marriage ceremony is called “Anand Karaj”?
- Who was announced as his successor by Guru Nanak Dev?
Guru Angad Dev
- Which sikh guru started langar (Common dining) system?
Guru Angad Dev
- Name the first sikh guru who started training sikhs into military art?
- Who got built Akal Takhat?
- Name the gurudwara which stands where Guru Harkishan breathed his last (Jyoti-Jot Samai)?
Gurudwara Bangla Sahib in Delhi
- Name the sikh guru who died (Jyoti-Jot Samai) while he was still a child.
- Name the gurudwara which is built at place where headless body of Guru Teg Bahadur was cremated?
Gurudwara Rakab Ganj
- What was the age of Guru Gobind Singh when he became guru? Nine years
- Name the gurudwara which stands where Guru Gobind Singh died?
Gurudwara Hazur Sahib, Sachkhand (Nanded)
- On the bank of which river gurudwara Hazur Sahib is built?
- Who killed Subedar Wazir Khan, murderer of guru Gobind Singh’s sons? Banda Bairagi
- Who took away the head of guru Teg Bahadur from Chandni
- Chowk and where?
Bhai Jaita ji to Anandpur Sahib
- Who cremated the headless body of guru Teg Bahadur and where?
Bhai Lakhi Shah Banjara at Rakab Ganj, Delhi
- Who prepared the original copy of Guru Granth Sahib?
- What is the name of original copy of Guru Granth Sahib?
- Who edited Guru Granth Sahib first of all?
Guru Arjun Dev
- Who completed Guru Granth Sahib?
Guru Gobind Singh
- The preaching of how many gurus had been compiled in Guru Granth Sahib by Guru Arjun Dev?
Four (Guru Nanak,Guru Angad Dev,Guru Amar Das and Guru Ram Das)
- Who gave recognition of sikh guru to Granth Sahib?
Guru Gobind Singh
- When was Guru Granth Sahib established in Golden Temple (Harmandir Sahib) for the first time?
1st Sept., 1604
- What is the total number of Shabads/Slokas/Chhandas in Guru Granth Sahib?
- Name the state to which Chaitanya Mahaprabhu belonged?
- Name the foreign disciple (lady) who preached religion alongwith Swami Vivekanand?
- Sant Tukaram and Eknath hailed from which state?
- Which river is also known as Sun’s daughter?
- Which place is the origin of river Ganga?
- Who was the woman tested for her fidelity by the three gods,Brahma, Vishnu and Mahesh?
- Name the daughter of Daksh Prajapati and the wife of Lord Shiva?
- Where is the largest Shiva Ling in India situated?
- Which place is called Dharm Kshetra (Holy Place) in Geeta?
- Where is Dronacharya Temple situated?
- Name the Father and Mother of Bhakt Dhruva.
- Name the Snake used for churning ocean?
- Name the son of Satyavadi Harishchandra?
- Which place in Tamil Nadu is known as Kashi of South?
- Name the father and mother of Bhakt Prahlad?
Hiranya Kashyap and Kayadhu
- Name the son of Lord Krishna & Rukmini?
- Which god did Sant Tukaram worship?
- What is the name of Muslim Calendar?
- Whose temple is in Ganga Sagar?
- Which Goddess temple is in Kanya Kumari?
Parvati / Bhagwati Amman / Kumari Amman
- Name the grandfather of Parshuram?
- Whom did Sri Krishna kill after forgiving his 99 faults?
- On which festival it is customary to wear yellow clothes according to Hindu mythology?
- Who broke one of the teeths of Ganesh Ji?
- Where was Narsi Mehta born?
- The kings of which dynasty built Mahabalipuram temples?
- Who killed the demon Hiranyaksh?
Lord Vishnu, Incarnation as Varah
- Who was the author of arti ‘Om Jai Jagdish Hare’?
Shri Shivanand Swami
- In which city did Ramanujacharya attain knowledge?
- In which cities are Kumbh festivals held?
Haridwar, Nasik, Prayag, Ujjain
- Who wrote poems called ‘Abhang’?
Sant Tuka Ram
- Where did Sant Kabir die?
- Name the Takshak Nag (Serpent) who fought with Arjun to avenge his mothers slaughter?
- Who founded sufi sect. in India?
Khwaja Mouinuddin Chisti
- Which sect was founded by Chaitanya Mahaprabhu?
Gaudiya Vaishnav Sect
- Who was the first person, who published the arti ‘ Om Jai Jagdish Hare…’ in Satydharm Muktawali?
Pt. Shradhha Nand Phillauri