Politics and Constitution
- When was the Indian constitution adopted by the constituent assembly?
26 November 1949
- When was the Indian constitution implemented?
- How many parts are there in the Indian Constitution?
- Who was the first Chairman of the Constituent assembly?
- Under whose chairmanship was the Indian constitution passed?
- Rajendra Prasad
- Which article of the Constitution of India was described by Dr. B.R Ambedkar as the “Heart & Soul’ of Constitution?
- When was the Indian Constitution amended for the first time?
- Who accepted the merger of Kashmir with India?
Raja Hari Singh |
- Which President of India had the longest tenure?
- Where was the Court Marshal for INA officers held?
Red Fort in Delhi
- Who is the first citizen of India?
- Which pact was signed between China and India?
- When was L.I.C. nationalised?
- The Indian Parliament comprises of which three constituents?
President, Loksabha & Rajysabha
- Which state was bifurcated to form Maharashtra and Gujarat states?
- When was Jawahar Lal Nehru elected the president of All India Congress for the first time?
- When did Indira Gandhi become the president of Congress party?
- When did China attack India?
- When did Lal Bahadur Shastri become the Prime Minister of India?
- When did Indo-Pak war take place in the Rann of Kutch?
- Which Prime Minister among the following did not complet his/her full term of 5 years?
Morar Ji Desai
- Who was the defence minister during Indo-Pak war of 1971?
Babu Jagjivan Ram
- Which leader resigned from the Presidentship of Indian National Congress in 1939 due to the differences with Mahatma Gandhi?
Subhash Chandra Bose
- Which party came to power during the first Vidhan Sabha election in Delhi in 1993?
Bharatiya Janta Party
- Which title did Gandhi ji refuse in protest against the Jalianwala Bagh Massacre?
- Who was the first President of Indian Congress (l) ?
- For how much time was the emergency imposed in 1975 prevail in India?
- Which Indian President remained in office for the shortest period?
Dr. Zakir Hussain
- Under the banner of which political party did Morarji Desai become the Prime Minister?
- Name the first state of free India which was formed on linguistic basis.
- Andhra Pradesh
- When did Goa, Daman and Diu become part of free India?
- Name the person who remained Vice-President of free India for 10 years and President for one term?
Dr. S. Radha Krishnan
- Which state of India has the least population?
- Who was the speaker of twelfth and thirteenth Lok Sabha?
- What is the minimum age for becoming the Governor of a state in India?
- What is the number of last article there in the constitution of India?
- In which year was the minimum voting age reduced to 18 years?
- Who had the longest tenure as a Chief Minister of any state in India?
- Who became the Prime Minister of India at the age of 81 years?
- In which part of Indian constitution description of states and union territories is present
- The Supreme Court can have how many number of Judges in service at a time?
- When was ‘Jan Gan Man’ approved as the National Anthem?
Jan 24, 1950
- How much time was taken by the constituent assembly to finalize the Constitution?
2 year, 11 Months & 18 Days
- What is the minimum age requirement for becoming a candidate for the Rajya Sabha?
- Concept of Independent and impartial Judicary in Indiaya Constitution was taken from which country?
- Which house other than Lok Sabha, Rajya Sabha, Legislative Assembly and Legislative Council cannot take part in the election for the President of India?
- Which Bill passed by Lok Sabha even after being not returned by the Rajya Sabha is deemed to have been passed by both the houses of Parliament?
- How many proposers and seconders are required to file the nomination for the office of Vice-President?
20 Proposers & 20 Seconders
- On the recommendations of which body, Finance is shared between the center and the states?
- In which year Tashkent Treaty was signed?
- Up to what extent the tenure of Lok Sabha can be extended in special circumstances
- After the gap of how many years, Finance commission is set up by the president?
- Which country has influenced the idea of distribution of powers between Centre and States? Canada
- Who will take care of the works of the President in absence of president and vice president both?
Chief Justice of the Supreme Court
- Who gave the slogan “In one country there can’t be 2 symbols, 2 heads and two constitutions.”
Shyama Prasad Mukherji
- Who chairs the joint session of the Parliament?
Speaker of the Lok Sabha
- The republic system of the constitution is inspired or taken from which country?
- At which place Rajiv Gandhi was assassinated?
- Name the Prime Minister who did not face the Parliament even once during his term as PM.
Chaudhary Charan Singh
- What is the age of retirement for the Judge of a High Court?
- As per the law on the matter, what could be the maximum size of a Ministry?
15% of total number of members or 12, whichever is higher
- Who is empowered to prescribe the powers and duties of the Comptroller and Auditor General of India?
- Who defeated Indira Gandhi in 1977 elections?
- On which date Rajya Sabha was constituted?
3rd April, 1952
- Political party, “Panther Party” belongs to which state?
Jammu & Kashmir
- When does election campaign stops before the start of the polling for elections?
48 hours before the closing time of polling
- Who administers the oath to the President if the chief justice of Supreme Court is not available?
Senior Most Judge of the Supreme Court
- What is the minimum number of Judges required in a bench which gives decision in the constitutional matters?
- When was the first Interim Government of India formed?
2nd September 1946
- Who headed the Interim Government of India?
Jawahar Lal Nehru
- When was first meeting of the constituent assembly held?
December 9, 1946
- Who was the President of Indian National Congress at the time of independence?
Acharya J. B. Kirplani
- Who hold longest term as the general secretary of Indian National Congress?
- What was the original name of Indian National Congress?
Indian National Union.
- Name the first women’s organization set up in India?
Women’s India Association
- Who is founder of communist party of India ?
Satya Bhakt established it in Kanpur in July 1924.
- When was CPI split into two parties?
1964 at Calcutta
- When did Indian National Congress won the elections and formed Governments in seven states for the first time?
- Who served as President of Indian National Congress for the longest period continuously?
- Which is the oldest regional Political Party of India?
- In which year the Loksabha seats were increased from 525 to 545?
- Name the first political party which went on line with its website?
- Which Political party was fined by the High Court on organizing a bandh on July 30, 2003?
- Name the person who contested maximum number of elections but won in none?
Kaka Joginder Singh
- Name the person who had been elected from most states?
Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- Who was the first Indian elected President of Inter Parliamentary union?
Dr. Gurdyal Singh Dhillon, in 1973
- Who has been the first Indian woman to be elected as President of Inter-Parliamentary union?
Dr. Najma Heptullah
- Who was the first Indian to be elected as President of Common wealth Parliamentary Association?
Dr. Gurdial Singh Dhillon
- Who was the first Indian elected Chairman of execuitive Committee of common wealth Parliamentary Association?
Balram Jakhar, 1984
- What is the maximum numbers of seats of the Loksabha as envisaged by the constitution?
- When was the first session of Parliament held in free India?
- Is there a time limit to hold the Parliament sittings after an election?
Yes, miminum 90 days, maximum 120 days
- When was single longest sitting of Lok Sabha held?
August 30, 1997
- In which single Lok Sabha tenure maximum number of laws were enacted?
In First Loksabha
- How many times till now the Lok Sabha has been dissolved ?
- Which Lok Sabha had the longest tenure?
5th Lok Sabha.
- Which Lok Sabha had shortest tenure?
12th Lok Sabha
- Which Lok Sabha faced maximum numbers of confidence motions?
11th Lok Sabha
- Name the first Lok Sabha Speaker to die in harness?
- Name the person who had the distinction of being the only member of Lok Sabha to hold office from the first term of the house till his death?
- Name the person who hed been nominated to the Lok sabha for the maximum times? Frank Antony,
- Name the person who had represented the same Constituency continuously for maximum number of times? P M Sayeed
- When was the first budget of free India presented?
- Which Lok Sabha spent the longest time over the discussion on the budget?
Third Lok Sabha
- Who was the first Deputy speaker of Lok Sabha?
Anant Shayanam Ayyanger
- Which Lok Sabha Speaker had the longest term?
Balram Jakhar 10 Yrs.
- Which Lok Sabha Speaker had the shortest term?
Neelam Sanjeev Reddy
- Who had been a Rajya Sabha member for the maximum period of time?
Seeta Ram Kesari
- Who had been the Chairman of Rajya Sabha for the longest period of time?
Dr. S. Radhakrishnan (1952 to 1962)
- Who had been the first deputy Chairman of Rajya Sabha ?
S.V. Krishna Murthy Rao, May 13,1952 to May 12,1962)
- Who had been the first woman deputy chairperson of Rajya Sabha?
Violet Alva (1962 to 66 & 1966 to 1969)
- Who has been the deputy chairperson of the Rajya Sabha for the longest period of time?
- Which President won with least margin of votes?
- Which President promulgated maximum number of ordinances in his tenure?
Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed
- Who became the first President from the Scheduled Caste community?
- Who was the first President to cast his vote in a general election?
- Who was the first President who asked for letters of support from political parties before forming Government?
- Name the president who turned down request for imposition of President’s Rule in U.P. on October 22, 1997 and in Bihar on Sept. 25, 1998 ?
- Name the President who dissolved Lok Sabha twice?
- Name the first woman candidate who fought for Presidential election?
Dr. Laxmi Sehgal, against APJ Abdul Kalam
- Which was the first state Government to be dismissed by the president?
J&K Govt. headed by Sheikh Abdullah
- When was the designation of P.M. changed to C.M. in J&K?
- How many times Gulzari Lal Nanda tool over the position of Prime Minister of India?
- Name the state from where maximum number of Prime Ministers came?
- Name the PM who had to face a confidence motion within 24 hours of assuming office?
- Name the first Ex-PM to be arrested?
- Name the first PM to be expelled from Parliament?
- Which Prime Minister was summoned by a court?
- Name the PM who is said to be able to speak more than fifteen languages
Pamulparthy Venkat Narsimha Rao
- Name the Central Minister who held the same portfolio for the longest period of time?
Raj Kumari Amrit Kaur, Health Minister
- Name the person who has held the office of a central minister for the longest period of time.
- Name the person who held the office of a central minister for the shortest period of time?
Justice H.R. Khanna Law and Justice Minister
- Name the first Union Minister to die in harness?
Vallabh Bhai Patel
- Name the Prime Minister who led maximum number of parties to form his Government.
- Name the first Central Minister who was assassinated.
Lalit Narayan Misra
- Name the first minister to resign from the Central Government Ministry?
Dr. Shyama Prasad Mukherji
- Name the Prime Minister who led the largest council of Ministers?
- When was the first elected Communist Government formed in a state in India?
April 5, 1957 in Kerala
- Name the person who presented maximum number of Central budget?
- Who undertook fast unto death for creation of separate state of Andhra Pradesh?
Pottu Sri Ramulu
- Name the first person elected as speaker in an assembly?
L.M. Pailee, Cochin state assembly in 1947.
- Which state has had President’s rule for the longest period of time?
- Which state had President’s rule for the shortest period of time?
- President’s rule was imposed for the maximum number of times in which state?
- Name the CM of a state who had shortest tenure?
Jagdambika Pal in U.P
- Name the youngest person to hold CM post in a state?
Prafulla Kumar Mohanta of Assam
- Who has been the chief minister of two states?
Narayan Dutt Tiwari, UP and Uttaranchal Yashwant Rao Chavan, Mumbai and Maharashtra.
- Who had been the longest serving woman chief Minister in India?
- Name the first chief minister of a state who was assassinated?
Pratap Singh Kairon of Punjab Province
- Name the woman C.M. who held office for three consecutive terms.
- How many times did Mayawati took the oath of office of the Chief Minister in Uttar Pradesh?
- Name the first CM who had to surrender before court?
- Name the first CM to be indicted by a Court?
- Name the first woman foreign Secretary?
- Which is the oldest civic body in India?
Madras Municipal Corporation
- What is the difference between a Municipal Council and Municipal Corporation?
Corporation is for big cities and Council is for smaller towns
- Which article of Constitution ensures abolition of untouchability?
- Name the two former Chief Ministers of a State who are married to each other.
Lalu Yadav and Rabri Devi
- How many members the constituent assembly had which was elected in July 1946 by Provincial assemblies?
- Whether M A Jinnah and M K Gandhi were the members of the constituent assembly?No.
- In the original constitution, the important fundamental rights have been classified into how many heads ?
- When was the right of property repealed by the constitution?
- Which part of the constitution deals with the Fundamental rights of Indian citizens
- If President relinquishes his post due to any reason, for how long Vice President may hold his office?
- What is the procedure to remove the President from his Office?
Impeachment by one of the houses and confirmation by the other.
- What is the procedure to remove Vice President from his office?
By passing a resolution by the Rajya Sabha and agreed to by the Lok Sabha
- What is the maximum limit of membership in Rajya Sabha?
- What is the maximum number of members who can be nominated by the President?
- Who appoints the Comptroller and Auditor General?
- Who appoints the Attorney General?
- Who appoints the chairman of Union Public Service Commission?
- Who appoints the Election Commissioners?
- How many members constitute the election commission?
- Who appoints Judges of the supreme Court?
- What is the maximum number of judges in the Supreme Court excluding the chief Justice?
- What is the age of retirement of judges in Supreme Court?
- Who appoints the Governors in the state?
- Who appoints the Chief Justice in any High Court of the States?
President in consultation with Chief Justice of S.C. and Governer of the State concerned
- According to the Constitution of India, who enjoy the ultimate sovereignty?
People of India
- How many Vice-Presidents did not become the President of India?
- Which leader of BJP has served as the Vice-President of India before Venkaiah Naidu?
Bhairon Singh Shekhawat
- Name the first Woman Mayer elected in India?
Sulochana Modi Mumbai 1956
- Name the President who won his election with highest percentage of votes?
Dr. Rajendra Prasad
- Name the first President who took flight in a Supersonic fighter plane?
Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam |
- Name the first President who travelled in a Submarine?
Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam |
- Name the Prime Minister whose father and son were also the Prime Ministers?
- Name the Chief Minister whose father and son were also the Chief Minister of the same state?
- Who administers oath to the Speaker of Lok Sabha?
- If the speaker of the Loksabha intends to resign, he will send his resignation to .. ?
Dy-Speaker of the Loksabha