- When was Indus Valley civilization unearthed?
- Which two cities were unearthed in the excavation of Indus Valley?
Mohanjo Daro and Harappa.
- What does Mohanjo Daro mean in Sindhi language?
The mound of the dead
- Where is Mohanjo Daro situated?
In Larkana district of Sindh State of Pakistan
- Where is Harappa situated?
In Mantgomery district of Punjab, Pakistan
- Which material was used to build houses in Mohan Jo-Daro?
- Whom did the people of Indus valley civilization worship?
- Where are the hymn (Richas) of Rigveda supposed to be composed?
On the bank of River Saraswati
- In which state ﬂourished the Shakya republic?
- In which state existed the Lichchwi republic?
- To which dynasty belonged Gautam Buddha?
- Name the Indian king who fought against Alexander bravely.
- Which was the ﬁrst Indian king,who wellcomed Alexander andaccepted his Kingship?
- Between which two rivers was the empire of Porus who foughtAlexander?
Jhelam and Chinab
- Which are the first reference books having Lord Budha’ssermons?
- During the reign of which king of Magadh did Lord Budha die?
- Name the capital of ancient kingdom .
- In the reign of which king the ﬁrst Buddhist council was held?
- Whom Chandra Gupta defeated to establish his Mauryaregime?
- Where was the capital of Chandra Gupta Maurya established?
- Under whose guidance did Chandra Gupta Maurya establish his regime?
- Which foreign invader did Chandra Gupta Maurya defeat and married his daughter?
- During the reign of which Indian king did Magasthanese came to India?
Chandra Gupta Maurya
- What was the name of present Afghanistan during Mahabharat period?
- Who was the father of Ashoka, the great?
- Name the Daughter and son of King Ashoka who was sent abroad to propagate Buddhism?
Sanghmitra & Mahendra
- Who ended the reign of Maurya dynasty?
- During the reign of which king was Sanchi Stup (Tower of Sanchi) built?
- Who was the last emperor of Maurya dynasty?
- Who was the ﬁrst emperor of Gupta dynasty?
- Nepolean s compared with which ancient Indian emperor
- Name the king of Gupta dynasty whose reign is known as golden period?
- Under whose regime did the great poet Kalidas live?
- Who took the title ‘Vikramaditya’ in Gupta dynasty?
- Which ruler of Gupta period was an expert Veena player?
- Name the Hindu king who called his Cabinet Ministers Nav-Ratnas (Nine Jewels)?
- During the reign of which Hindu dynasty was the architecture at its peak?
- Who was the ruler between Chandra Gupta First and Chandra Gupta II?
- During the reign of which king the iron pillar near Kutub Minar was built?
Chandra Gupta II
- Who destroyed the Gupta dynasty?
- Who founded the Shung dynasty?
- Which dynasty emerged after Shung dynasty?
- Who founded Kanva dynasty?
- To which dynasty Kanishk belong?
- Which was the capital of Kanishka?
- In the court of which king Ashwaghosh, the author of Budh Charitam lived?
- Which state did Satvahans rule?
- Who ended the rule of barbarian Hun king Mihirkul?
Yashodharman of Malwa and Baladitya of Magadh
- At which age Harshvardhan ascended the throne of Thaneshwar and Kannauj?
- Who checked the advance of Harshvardhan towards south beyond Narmada?
- During the reign of which king the Chinese traveller Huen Tsang visited India?
- Name the popular University during the reign of king Harsh?
- Who is said to be the best king in Chalukya Dynasty?
- Who defeated and killed the Chalukya King Pulakeshin II?
Pallav King Narsimha Varman- I
- Who built the Kailash Temple of Ellora?
Krishna Ist/ Rashtrakuts
- What was earliest name of Assam?
- What does Pragjyotish actually mean?
- Name the king of Kamrup during whose period Huan Tsang visited India?
- Who founded the Rashtrakut Dynasty?
- During the reign of which king Pallav Dynasty ﬂourished?
- Who ended the rule of Pallava’s?
The Chola King Aparajita
- Which place was the centre of power of Pallavas?
- Which was the ﬁrst capital of Chola dynasty?
- Name the ﬁrst Muslim invader who attacked India.
Mohd. Bin Kasim
- Which part of India was attacked by the Arabs for the ﬁrst time?
- Which persian scholar called India the heaven on earth?
- Who was the ﬁrst king to circulate copper coins in India?
- Name the ancient ruling race from which the name Assam is derived?
- One of the most signiﬁcant periods in the history of Assam was the period of Swarg-Dev Durga Rudra Singh. What was he known as?
Shivaji of Eastern India
- Who founded Paal dynasty?
- Who was the greatest king among Paal Dynasty?
- Who was the founder of Vikramshila University at Magadh?
- Who founded Sena Dynasty?
- Who was the greatest king of Sena dynasty?
- Who was the last king of Sena Dynasty?
- How many times Mahmud Gazhnavi invaded India?
- Name the Rajasthani warrior who bravely fought Mehmood Gaznavi to check his advance towards Somnath.
- Which Muslim invader attacked holy Somnath temple?
- Between whom the famous Tarain war was fought?
Prithvi Raj and Mohd. Gauri
- How many times did Prithvi Raj defeat Mohd. Gauri?
- Who was defeated in Tarain War -II?
- Where were Prithvi Raj’s ashes kept?
- Which Indian king provoked Mohd. Gauri to attack Prithvi Raj?
- Who established the Slave Dynasty in India?
- Name the king of Slave dynasty who was called Darvesh King?
- Who was the last king of Slave dynasty?
- Who ended Slave dynasty?
- During the period of Delhi Sultnat how many dynasties ruledIndia?
Five- Slave, Khilji, Tughlaq, Sayyed and Lodhi
- To which dynasty belonged Razia Beghum, the only Muslim ladyruler in India?
- How many kings of Khilji dynasty ruled in India?
Three-Jala-lud-din, Alla-ud-din & Qutub-ud-din Mubarak Khilji
- Who founded Tughlaq dynasty?
- Who ruled in India when Timur the lane invaded?
Sultan Mahmud Tughlaq
- Who founded Sayyed Dynasty?
- Who was the last king of Sayyad Dynasty?
- Who founded Lodhi Dynasty?
- Who was the ﬁrst Muslim Sultan to attack Hindu kings of South India?
- In the court of which king Ibn Batuta came to India?
Mohammad Bin Tughlaq
- Who founded Vijaynagar Empire in 14th Century?
Harihar and Bukka Rai
- Name the most famous king of Vijaynagar?
Krishna Dev Rai
- Who founded Bahmani kingdom in South?
Ala-ud-din Bahman Shah popularly known as Hassan,
- Who became the king under the title Abdul Muzaffar Ala-ud-din.
- Which was the political and cultural center for Pandyas?
- During the period o fwhich dynasty was the famous statue Gomateshwar built at Shravanbelgola?
- Who established Mughal empire in India?
- Which Mughal king got the power twice?
- Which Mughal king abolished Jazia (Tax) from Hindus?
- Whose daughter was Jodhabai, the wife of Akbar?
Raja Bhar Mal of Amer
- Who among the nine jewels (Nav Ratnas) ofAkbar’s court recited poems under the pen-name Brahmdas?
- Who got G.T. Road constructed forthe ﬁrst time?
Sher Shah Suri
- Who founded ‘Din-e-ilahi’?
- Name the Rajput queen who sent rakhi to Humayun.
- Where is the tomb of Akbar situated?
- Which matters were dealt with in Diwane-Risalat in the period of Sher Shah?
- Who invited Babar to invade India?
Daulat Khan Lodi
- Who interrupted the Mughal domain for almost 15 years?
Sher Shah Suri
- Where is Jehangiri Mahal built?
In Agra Fort
- Who came to the court of Jahangir in 1608 with a letter from James I,King of England seeking permission to trade with India?
- What was the real name of Shahjehan?
- Name the son of Shahjehan who was a Sanskrit scholar?
- Who was reigning Delhi at the time of Nadir Shah’s attack?
Mohd. Shah Rangila
- Name the invader who looted the diamond ‘Kohinoor’ and took itto Iran.
- Name the great warrior of Assam who defeated Aurangzeb.
- To which city did Chand Bibi, who fought against Emperor Akbar,belong?
- Where was Bahadur Shah Zafar, the last Mughal Emperor, exiled by the British Govt.?
- Name the ﬁrst king of Mewar?
- What was the real name of Bappa Rawal, king of Mewar?
- Which Indian king had the privilege to merge Iran into his kingdom?
- Name the husband of Rani Padmini?
- Which event is known as ﬁrst Shaka of Chittore?
Self Immolation (Jauhar) by Rani Padmini and others
- Name the ancestor of Vir Shivaji who left Chittore?
- Name the person famous as Bhishm of Mewar?
- Name the king of Mewar who was good in Sanskrit language,was a good ruler as well as a good architect?
- The reign of which king is known as golden era of Mewar?
- In whose memory was the victory Tower (Vijay Stambh) built in Chittaur by Mewad King?
Victory of Rana Kumbha against Mehmood Khilji
- Which king of Mewar defeated Sikandar Lodi of Delhi?
- Which queen sent Rakhi to Humayun seeking help to protect Chittore?
Rani Karmwati, widow of Rana Sanga
- Which event is called as second Shaka of Chittore?
Self Immolation by Rani Karmvati & Others
- Who got victory tower (Vijay Stambh) built in the fort of Chittaur?
- Which Rajput king fought against Babar at Khanwa?
Rana Sanga (Sangram Singh)
- Who made an attempt to kill Rana Udai Singh in his childhood?
His Cousin Banbir
- Who saved the life of Udai Singh?
- Whom did Banbir kill in place of Udai Singh?
Panna Dhai’s Son Chandan
- Name the mother of Rana Pratap Singh?
- Where was Rana Pratap born?
- Who took charge to save Chittore when Akbar attacked Udai Singh?
Jaimal and Patta
- Who performed third Shaka of Chittore?
Phool Kunwar, queen of Patta
- Where did Udai Singh establish his kingdom after being defeatedby Akbar?
- Which was the festival when Udai Singh died?
- Whom did Udai Singh declare as his successor?
- Which place was ﬁrst made his capital by Rana Pratap?
- Name the king of Chittore who defeated and captured Mohd.Tughlaq for three months?
- Name the brother of Rani Padmini who gave away his life to release his brother in law Ratan Singh from the captivity of Allah-Uddin?
- Who has been called Hindu Surtana (King of Hindus) in Mewar?
- Name the father of saint Meera Bai.
- Name the husband of saint Meera Bai.
- Where was saint Meerabai borne?
Kurki Village near Merta
- What was the relationship between Meera Bai & Rana Pratap?
She was his aunt
- Who gave poison to Meera Bai?
Her Brother-in-law Vikramaditya
- Name the warrior killedin Haldi Ghati while ﬁghting Akbar’s army wearing Rana Pratap’s crown?
Jhala Man Singh
- Name the Bheel Commander in Rana Prataps army?
- Name the muslim Commander in Rana Prataps army?
Hakim Khan Suri
- Which king preferred to eat grass bread rather than surrender to the Mughals?
- Who gave whole of his life’s savings to Rana Pratap to raise army to ﬁght Mughals?
- In which year did Rana Pratap take the reign of Mewar?
- Which state was ruled by Rana Sanga?
- What was the relationship between Rana Sanga and Maharana Pratap?
- Name the invincible fort of Rajasthan which was built by Rana Kumbha.
- In whose reign Etmat-ud-daula Tomb got built?
- Name the capital of Rana Hammir,who defeated Alauddin Khilji?
Ran Thambhor (Sawai Madhopur)
- Name the brave person of Marwar who strongly opposed Aurangzeb to get Ajit Singh’s kingdom.
Durga Das Rathod
- In which year was Shivaji crowned?
- Where did Shivaji establish his capital after assuming the title of‘Chhatrapati’?
- Name the elder son of Chhatrapati Shivaji.
Sambha ji Maharaj
- Whose cabinet of ministers was called ‘Asht Pradhan’?
- For how many years Shahu, the grandson of Shivaji lived as a captive in prison of Mughals?
- Name the person who persuaded Shivaji to make settlement with Aurangzeb?
Raja Jai Singh
- What was the title given to the Prime Ministers in Maratha States?
- Who was the first peshwa who became ruler of Maratha Kingdom?
- Which Peshwa brought the Maratha empire to its zenith after Shivaji?
- Name the ﬁve prime powers into which Maratha empire splitted?
Peshwas at Poona, Gaekwads at Baorda Bhonsles at Nagpur, Holkars at Indore and Scindias at Gwalior
- Whom did Guru Gobind Singh help to get the crown?
Bahadur Shah (Muazzam)
- At what age Maharana Ranjit Singh proclaimed himself a king?
- Which ruler of Punjab possessed Kohinoor?
Maharaja Ranjeet Singh
- Name the last Nawab of Awadh?
Wajid Ali Shah
- At which place did Vasco-de-Gama ﬁrst land in India?
- For how many years did Portugese rule Goa?
451 years (1510-1961)
- Who established Sikh Raj in Punjab?
Maharaja Ranjit Singh
- 9Name the brave commander of Maharaja Ranjeet Singh who extended his empire upto Afghanistan.
Hari Singh Nalwa
- In which year did the British Queen take over the administration of British India in her hands?
- Which was the first capital of British empire in India? Kolkata
- When was the shifting of Capital announced from Kolkata to Delhi?
- In which year did Jalianwala Bagh Massacre take place?
- Which was the capital of Assam before bifurcation?
- In which state in North-Eastern region a symbolic cemetery was raised in recognition of supreme sacriﬁce made by the ofﬁcers and men during world war II?
- In which year Nagaland was made 16th State of India?
- In which year Manipur was made 20th state of India?
- Name the state which literally means ‘house of clouds’
- By what name was Mizoram known earlier?
- In which year was the Lushai Hills renamed as Mizoram?
- In which place in Manipur did the ofﬁcers of Indian National Armyled by Col. Laxmi Swaminathan kiss the soil as the ﬁrst liberated area in India?
- Subhash Chandra Bose ﬁrst hoisted the ﬂag of the IndianNational Army on Indian soil. Name the place.