1. Which are the two famous forms of music in Bharat?
Hindustani & Karnataka Music
2. Which one of the Vedas Related with music?
3. Who was the teacher of famous musicians Tansen & Baiju Bawara?
4. Who composed the ragas like ‘Mian Ki Malhar’, ‘Darbari’, ‘Kannad’ and ‘Mian Ki Tori’?
5. What is the source of ‘Bharat Natyam ‘dance?
Natya Shastra of Bharatmuni
6. Which dance form was presented by the Devdasis in the temples of South Bharat?
7. Rukmani Devi, Mrinalini Sarabhai, Leela Samson, Shankuntala Panigrahi, Sonal Mansingh, Vaijayantimala are the perfomers of which type of dance?
8. Which dance form got developed in royal courts?
9. Which dance form was patronised by Wajid Ali Shah?
10. Bindadin Maharaj, Kalkadin, Achhan Maharaj, Gopi Krishna and Birju Maharaj perform which type of dance form?
11. Kathakali dance belongs to which state?
12. The famous poet Vallatol was a source of inspiration for which type of dance form?
13. Kuchipudi is the dance of which state?
14. Which type of dance was developed by Tirath Narain and Sidh Yogi?
15. Vedant, Satya Narayan, Raja Reddi and Radha Reddi are associated with which type of dance?
16. Which is the main dance form of Manipur?
17. Oddissi is the dance of which state?
18. Kelucharan Mahapatra, Sanyukta Panigrahi and Indirani Rehman are associated with which type of dance?
19. Jatra’ type of stage performance belongs to which state?
20. In which state is ‘Tamasha’ performed?
21. Bhawai is the art of which state?
22. ‘Nautanki’ is the performing art of which state?
23. ‘Maach’ is the performing art of which state?
24. ‘Khyal’ is the performing art of which state?
25. ‘Nakal’ is the performing art of which state?
26. ‘Bhand Paathar’ is the performing art of which state?
27. ‘Yaksha Gaan’ is the performing art of which state?
28. ‘Ankia Naat’ is the performing art of which state?
29. ‘Koodia Drivya’ is the performing art of which state?
30. ‘Raas Leela’ & ‘Ram Leela’ are the performing arts of which state?
31. The plays ‘Khamosh, Adalat Jari Hai’, ‘Ghasi Ram Kotwal’, ‘Gidh’, ‘Sakha Ram Binder’, are written in which language and who played them on the stage?
32. Vijay Mehta, Arvind Deshpandey, Shri Ram Lagoo and Amol Palekar are the actors of which language?
33. In which language have the plays Yayati, Tuglak, Havyadan, Naam Mandal been written?
34. The theatre actors K. Shiv Ram Karanth, Girish Karnad & Lankesh perform in which language?
35. The plays ‘Kaath Ka Ghora’, ‘Suryast’ and Asangat are written in which language?
36. In which language do the following enact their plays? Rama Shankar Rai, Manoranjan Das, Jagannath Das and Basant Kumar Mahapatra.
37. Imphal Imphal, Chakra Vyuha & Karan Bharat are associated with which type of theatre?
38. Begam Akhtar specialised in which form of vocal music?
39. The dance form ‘Mohini Attam’ belongs to which state?
40. ‘Chakiyar Kondu’ dance belongs to which state?
41. ‘Oattam Thulal’ dance belongs to which state?
42. The dance ‘Bhangra’ belongs to which state?
43. The dance ‘Bideshia’ belongs to which state?
44. To which state does the dance ‘Bihu’ belong?
45. To which state does the dance ‘Chhau’ belong?
46. To which state does the dance ‘Chiraw’ belong?
47. To which state does the dance ‘Dandia Raas’ belong?
48. To which state does the dance ‘Gangaur’ belong?
49. To which state does the dance ‘Garba’ belong?
50. To which state does the dance ‘Gidha’ belong?
51. To which state does the dance ‘Jhoolan Leela’ belong?
52. To which state does the dance ‘Maharaas’ belong?
53. To which state does the dance ‘Pandwani’ belong?
54. To which state does the dance ‘Swang’ belong?
55. Which type of dance do Bala Saraswati, Krishnan Kutti and Udai Shankar perform?
56. Which musical instrument do Ahmad Jaan Thirakwa, Allah Rakha Khan, Krishna Maharaj and Zakir Hussain play upon?
57. Which musical instrument do Ali Akbar Khan, Allauddin Khan, Amjad Ali Khan, Bahadur Khan, Sharan Rani and Budh Dev play upon?
58. Which musical instrument does Annapurna Devi play upon?
59. Which musical instrument did Bismillah Khan play upon?
60. Which musical instrument do Budhaditya Mukherjee, Vilayat Khan, Nikhil Banarjee, Raiskhan and Ravi Shankar play upon?
61. Which musical instrument do Gajanan Rao Joshi, V.G. Jog & Zubin Mehta play upon?
62. Which musical instrument does Hari Prasad Chaurasia play upon?
63. Which musical instrument does S. Balachandra play upon?
64. Which musical instrument do Shiv Kumar Sharma and Tarun Bhattacharya play upon?
65. Which musical instrument does Vishwa Mohan Bhatt play upon?
66. The following belong to which field of fine arts? A.K. Haldar,Amrita Shergil, Bimal Gupta, Gagnendra Nath Tagore, Jemini Roy, Nand Lal Bose, Ram Kumar, Ravi Varma.
67. The following artists are famous for which field of fine arts? Keshav Shanker Pillai, R.K. Laxman, Sudhir Dhar, Sudhir Tailang.
68. To which form of music do the following belong? Girija Devi, Kumar
Gandharv, Vinayak Rao Patvardhan, Vishnu Digambar Paluskar and Vishnu Narain Bhatkhande.
Vocal Music Hindustani Gayan
69. To which field of fine Arts do Bala Murli Krishna, M.S. Subbulaxmi and S. Rajan belong.
Vocal Music (Karnataka)
70. Who is the writer of the Manipuri play ‘Narsingh’ which was staged for the first time in 1925? M.Ram Chandra Singh
71. Who wrote ‘Kaniyar Kirtan’ which portrays a social theme on the evils of opium eating?
Hem Chandra Barua
72. Who wrote ‘Ram Navmi’ Natak advocating widow remarriage ‘Trini Grahini’ (Three wives) and ‘Ashikshit Grahini’ (illiterate wife)
Gunabhi Ram Barua
73. In which state is one particular tribe noted for open air theatrical performance (Jatra) ?
74. Who was the pioneer of Ankai nut or one act plays in Assamese?
75. Name the author of the books ‘Rukmani Haran’ ‘Parijat Haran’, ‘Patni Prasad’, and ‘Kalia Daman’. Shankar Dev
76. Since which century has there been a tradition of music in Assam?
77. To which state did the famous singer Sachin Deb Burman belong?
78. In which state are spanish guitar and Darbu used?
79. By whom was the Khol, which is used in Assam, invented?
80. Raag Todi & Lalit are sung during which period of the day?
81. Vrindawani sarang is sung or played which period of a day?
82 Few of the ragas sung or played during the evening time are….
Puriya Dhanasri, Marwa, Madhavanti
83 Raag yaman is sung or played during which period of a day?
84 Raag Kedar & Bihaag are sung & played during which period of a day?
85 What are the names of the ragas which are sung or played during the late night ?
86 The Raaga of the rainy season is?
87 The Raaga to be played and sung during the Spring season is ?
88 Bhartiya music has how many kinds of instruments?
89 Explain the four kind of Bharatiya Instruments?
String, Wind, Membranophonic & Idiophonic
90 What kind of instrument is Sitar?
91 What kind of instrument is Tabla?
92 What kind of instrument is Shehnai?
93 What kind of instrument is Mridangam?
94 Jaltarang or kashthatarang are what type of instruments?
95 Sarod is an instrument of which type?
96 Majira is an instrument of which type?
97 Bhartiya sages have called music also by the name of …
Fifth Veda or Gandharva Veda
98 The Saptak Festival of music is held in which city?
99 What is Dhrupad in Indian Music?
An old indian style of Singing (by Male)