What are the purposes for which BVP seeks donations?
Donations are solicited for the corpus fund, ‘natural calamities’ fund or for various Projects / Programmes run by the Parishad for welfare of the society. Donations to Bharat Vikas Parishad are eligible for income tax exemption under section 80-G of Income Tax Act.
Vikas Ratna – Rs.1 lakh
Vikas Mitra – Rs. 11,000
Only interest accrued is utilized to provide help in case of emergencies such as floods, draughts, earthquakes, etc.
Specific Projects / Programmes
- Divyang Sahayata: Artificial limbs, tricycles, etc. to handicapped persons through 13 centres / camps
- Vanvasi Sahayata: Projects for tribal development – Hospitals, dispensaries, medical and health centres, sanskar kendras, archery training centres, knitting and sewing centres, vocational training centres, etc.
- Gram Basti Vikas / Samagra Gram Vikas: Village development programme – providing sanitation, health care and other facilities.
- Other Projects: As proposed by Prants
- Relief for Natural Calamities: As and when occasion arises, Parishad has always come forward to provide relief and undertake rehabilitation work.
Printing of books
Advertisements for printing of:
Books: Books for distribution among children such as “Bharat Ko Jano”, “Chetna Ke Swar”, etc.
Periodicals: Monthly magazine “Niti” and quarterly magazine “Gyan Prabha”
Souvenirs – On special occasions